You never expect international trips to be without their glitches, but I had high hopes that I would leave the country first...oh well.
After spending some wonderful days with my family in California I was scheduled to leave today to fly to Milwaukee. I was going to spend a day there tying up loose ends and unpacking/repacking for Africa. The weather this morning had other ideas. All of the flights to Milwaukee going out of the 4 major airports within 200 miles of my home were cancelled. Hmm...time for plan number 2.
I quickly got on the phone with Southwest and talked to a really wonderful agent who waved all of the standard fees and applied my now cancelled fares to a new one - hopefully leaving tomorrow. God is so good to work that out without raising the prices. On the plus side, I now get to spend one more day with my family! The challenging thing is going to be to get me the things I need for Africa before I leave.
The flights to Milwaukee tomorrow are booked so this is now becoming plan number 3. I no longer am going to be unpacking/repacking myself. Thankfully, I had brought the important paper documents needed for the trip with me on my interviews and to California. However, I didn't pack all of the clothes, my stethescope and a few other things I will need. I have a truly wonderful, dedicated friend in Milwaukee, that with the help of a spare set of keys to my apartment, is going to pack my things for me and ship them to meet up with me at orientation on the east coast. (thank you so much for all of your help!) This is not exactly the way I had wanted to start out a trip overseas, but once again I am learning to just trust that God will make all things happen according to His will. God is glorified. Now I am just praying that my things are able to make it without any hang ups and that I am able to actually leave California. Normally when flying in winter I am worried about getting IN TO Milwaukee, not getting OUT OF San Diego. Some things you just can't plan for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
craziness.... praying for fewer bumps!
ReplyDelete